Yellow Paper here (Sentinel Bridges Archivist) + discussion

(Other minor edits for ease of reading later)

4 Sentinels
Sentinels act as location witnesses within the XYO Network. Sentinels interact
with each other via Bluetooth connection (with other means of connection in the
future) to complete a bound witness interaction where they exchange heuristic
data. Over time, their origin chains maintain a history of all other sentinels and
bridges they have interacted with.

4.1 Sentinel to Sentinel Interaction

When two sentinels interact, one acts as the client and one acts as the server.
They perform a standard bound witness interaction, including origin informa-
tion (index, next public key, previous hash, hash of heuristics) in their signed
payload, and heuristic data in their unsigned payload. Sentinels are strongly
incentivized to keep the unsigned payloads in their origin blocks until they have been sufficiently offloaded to one or more bridges. Data offloaded without the
unsigned payload (the heuristic data) will not be valuable in most cases, and it
will be unlikely that they will be rewarded for offloading this data.

5 Bridges
Bridges collect data from sentinels and relay it to archivists. They have bound
witness interactions with both the sentinels whom they receive data from, and
the archivists who they relay data to. Bridges thus maintain an origin chain
containing both sentinel-bridge and bridge-archivist interactions. These are
described in the following sections.

5.1 Sentinel to Bridge Interaction

Bridges are constantly trying to make connections to sentinels. This connection
is specific to the transport protocol. As such, they are the client in the bound
witness interaction and the sentinel is the server. Once a bridge connects with a
sentinel, they begin a bound witness interaction with the bridge sending a first
packet of data with any optional heuristics in the unsigned payload, and any
origin heuristics in the signed payload. The sentinel then adds their origin chain
offload to the unsigned payload and their origin heuristics to the signed payload.
The rest of the bound witness interaction continues as previously described. The
steps are further detailed below.

1. The bridge initiates a bound witness interaction with a sentinel including
    their origin heuristics in the signed payload.
  2. The sentinel adds their origin blocks they wish to offload into the unsigned
    payload, and origin blocks in the signed payload. This is detailed below:
    Name Type Description
    Total Size Unsigned Integer Total Size of Payloads
    Signed Payload Array(0x06) Origin Heuristics
    Unsigned Payload Array(0x06) Origin Blocks to offload
  3. The bridge extracts the data from the unsigned payload of the origin block,
    and both the sentinel and bridge keep signed proof of the interaction in
    their origin chain.
    5.2 Relaying Data to Archivists
    As bridges extract data from sentinels’ origin blocks as described in the previous
    section, they store it temporarily to transmit it to archivists. They connect to
    archivists through a bootstrapping node. Once they have offloaded the data to
    one or multiple archivists, they can delete the data. However, they must still
    keep the origin block from the transaction with the sentinel in their origin chain.When bridges send data to an archivist, they have a bound witness inter-
    action as well. Once the bridge sends the data to an archivist, the archivist
    initiates the bound witness interaction, thus making the archivist the client.
    The steps are described as follows:
  4. The archivist receives the connections request. If they accept, the archivist
    receives data from the bridge.
  5. The archivist extracts the payload hash of each piece of data they received
    and puts these in the unsigned payload in a bound witness interaction with
    the server archivist. This is specified below.
    Name Type Description
    Unsigned Payload Array(0x06) Hashes Within Origin Blocks
  6. The bridge receives this bound witness interaction request, and the two
    complete the interaction.
  7. Both the bridge and archivist store the block in their origin chain. How-
    ever, the archivist must keep the unsigned hashes of the data in his origin
    chain (i.e. they must leave the unsigned payload) so that each piece of
    data can be traced back to the bridge.
    6 Archivist
    It is the archivists’ job to store, share, and validate data that is collected by
    sentinels. They are rewarded for completing these tasks well and are punished
    for failing to do so. In order to maintain efficiency in our network, their goals
    are to ensure that all data on the archivist network is valid and spread all data
    as widely as possible. The more archivists that hold a given piece of data, the
    more quickly and more likely it will be found by a diviner to answer a query.
    6.1 Sharing Data
    All archivists’ data is publicly available. However, in order to take data, an
    archivist must complete a bound witness interaction with the archivist they are
    taking data from. An archivist that is taking data is the client in this interaction,
    and the archivist providing the data is the server. When an archivist takes
    data from another archivist, they initiate a standard bound witness interaction
    including the payload hash of each piece of data they took in the unsigned
    payload of this interaction. The specific steps are detailed below.
  8. The client archivist takes any data they want from the server archivist.
  9. The client archivist extracts the payload hash of each piece of data they
    took, and puts this in the unsigned payload in a bound witness interaction
    with the server archivist. This is specified below.
    Name Type Description
    Unsigned Payload Array(0x06) Hashes Within Origin Blocks
  10. The server receives this bound witness interaction request, and the two
    complete the interaction.
  11. Both the client and server archivists store the block in their origin chain.
    However, the client archivist must keep the unsigned hashes of the data in
    his origin chain (i.e. they must leave the unsigned payload) so that each
    piece of data can be traced back to the server archivist.
    Notice that the client archivist must keep the unsigned payload in his origin
    block. This is because when an individual piece of data is used by a diviner, the
    archivist must be able to prove where they got the data from. If the archivist
    does not keep the unsigned payload, all they have in their signed payload is a
    hash of all of the data they took. With only this hash, it is impossible to verify
    where an archivist got a specific piece of data unless they provide all of the data
    they took.
    The server archivist, however, does not need to keep the unsigned payload.
    This is because his hash in the signed payload can be verified by the maintained
    unsigned payload in the client archivist’s origin chain.
    This could also be solved by simply putting the hashes of each piece of data
    in the signed payload. However, this is data that is unnecessary for the server
    archivist to store, and thus inefficient.
    7 Diviner
    It is the diviner’s job to answer queries proposed on the network by finding
    relevant data stored in archivists. Many diviners can work together to answer a
    given query. In this case, as the diviners locate relevant data in archivists, they
    share it among each other, and come to consensus on what the best answer is.
    7.1 Archivist to Diviner Interactions
    A diviner can search through archivists to take any data they want that is
    relevant to answering a given query. However, in order for their data to be
    proven as valid for the given query, they must prove where they got the data
    from through a bound witness interaction with the archivist they took the data
    from. This bound witness interaction is exactly the same as the bound witness
    interaction between two archivists, where the diviner in this case is the client.
3 Likes

My Android phone is making Bound Witness of now over 3500. Is there an end result like the coin is worth a certain amount of XYO?

3 Likes

Hello,
I am running 2 Android phones, 2 bridges 18 sentinels with the following results:
Phone # 1) 10221 Origin Chain length with Bound Witness created.
Phone# 2) 8952 Origin Chain length with Bound Witness created
Monitor hooked up to Bridge # 1 ) 4387 Origin Chain length with Bound Witness created.

I am lost on what I am mining for and what if any are the rewards? Where is all of this data going to? Am I getting any type of XYO tokens?

Please Help!

3 Likes

How long was this over a day , hour ?

how much interaction with coin

1 Like

I am using both coin and Bound Witness as much as I can. I have only submitted once and that money is setting in a wallet provided by Etherscan. That dollar figure is only a little over $25.00, That is a different problem that I do no know how to move to my bank account.

Anyways, back on the main question is all of these Bound Created witness totals from 2 separate Android phones and 2 separate bridges I have 3 different Origin Chain total lengths. In the beginning it was running until I hit about 3000 and then it stopped and then it reset back to zero. I am not sure where those Origin Chain went but so far these are still producing now:
phone #1) is 10443
phone # 2) is 9167
and on the monitor connected to the bridge is setting at 4415. I have constantly Reboot the Bridge. If I don’t it will just set there.
So how is all devices total of 24,025. I am not sure the period of time but I had these up and running since I received my first Mining kit.
Why should I keep running all devices if there is not away to get some kind of XYO reward or something??

2 Likes

Hi Derby City

As I understand it, Geomining is still in the test phase so we are not mining anything. I think it’s due to go live with the code release in early March. Maybe the data you have created so far will be transferred to the live release, I’m not sure.

But even when it’s live, you don’t get a reward for creating a bound witness (increasing chain length), this is just supplying data. You only actually get a reward in XYO if your data is used to answer a query that someone has asked (eg where is my parcel).

That’s my understanding anyway.

When you say you submitted and have $25, was that from mining on the COIN app? Otherwise I’m confused!

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Now I can let some of these devices (rest)…lol.

Yes the $25 was an estimate for my first 10000 COIN app that was transferred to a wallet which again I am lost. There is soooooo much information out there; it has me going in circles.

It is time to ice these down and get ready for the real launch. I will still use the coin app whenever but I am not going to burn anymore midnight oil or gas…

THX.

3 Likes