XYO tokens forming a bottom in markets?

There was a big move in XYO on big volume yesterday! The bottom could be forming! There are few traders in this market so liquidity is thin so the tokens could be volatile in price until more market participants begin jumping in. Look forward to staking!

2 Likes

Good call, it did pop nearly 50%. Any chance you’d be willing to post more often about this? Im sure Im not the only one who has been watching the price.

1 Like

There hasn’t been much to cheer about as the price has been going down. The big green candle was on significant volume so there was at least one big buyer. So a floor on price appears to be forming.

1 Like

Looks like XYO is forming a bottom. Will be watching to see if the trend reverses.

1 Like

Do you have an price predictions for 3-6 months and 1-5 years?

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t. I don’t know that anyone can put a price target on the tokens. It is potentially a huge market, but first they need to get the network running. I am looking forward to staking my tokens and making some money.

2 Likes

A move up today on some volume. If this is the beginning of an uptrend there is some steady selling pressure on the way up to wash out all of the weak hands. I am position trading XYO so I will be a buyer to average my accumulation.

2 Likes

We now have a little data to follow on the price activity of XYO tokens. What investors are doing with their money is more important than the “story” we hear from any participant. Also, remember that if the chart is constructed from accurate information, then participants can’t hide what they are doing, even as your buy or sell order remains anonymous. Also, remember that it is big money that moves price. So when we see big moves on increased volume, then it is likely one or more investors with enough capital to move the market is placing a vote. So what can we get from this chart?

I didn’t see much in this chart other than a downtrend until that big green candle that appeared on the June 6th, with a big spike in volume. The Dracarys’ burn happened on June 3rd and the repurchase of almost 17-million tokens happened on June 10th, so I don’t believe that candle and volume bar indicated in the chart by the blue arrows has anything to do with the price strength indicated on June 6th. So there was a bid under the tokens and the price action indicated that price was finding a bottom.

Sine the 6th, we have seen a meltdown, but no big selling or buying pressure. The price lows seem to be holding, and you can see from the price action, marked by the ellipse, that the candle wicks indicate each time price rose there were many small sell orders that formed those wicks.

What does this mean? There seems to be a real equilibrium between buyers and sellers with no big pressure up or down. There seems to be a “bid” supporting price, even as there is not enough buying to move price up.

The price pattern indicates that we could still be putting in a bottom. We shall see. At some point, we will see a big move up or a continuation of the downtrend. When that happens it will be because of the activity of big market participants. The chart will tell us what the money is doing, but it will not tell us why. In the end, the “what” the market is doing trumps the “why” because the “why” is the real or perceived rationalization of the what prices is actually doing. To me what happened is the story instead of the various narratives people tell themselves as rationalization.

3 Likes

For those of you out there who are despondent over the auditor’s comments in May’s annual report, I think you might be in the process of having your tokens’s “picked off.” We are now getting some data on market activity and I was noticing this morning that price is holding while one or more traders seem to be buying up all of those small orders by weak hands. Hey, XYO may or may not make it as a company, but if you are playing to win then you don’t want to get picked off to find that there is some big money ready to put a bid into the tokens. There may not be big buyers out there, but if there are I don’t want to get picked off too early in the game.

2 Likes

The buyers are basically speculating on future utility value supporting the value of the token as a crypto. That’s somewhat tenuous but crypto investors are funny beasts.

Whereas the sellers include the COIN app miners who cash out into $ or another crypto. The bulk of the new wave of COIN users are just starting to hit the cashout level of 10,000 and work out how to do that. So I think there is going to be some downward push on the equilibrium.

2 Likes

Right . Everyone seems to forget that part. Like you need loaves of bread to sell if you are in the bread business. People get tired of buying the pretty empty wrappers that promise how delicious the bread will be some day soon, once they figure out where to order the ovens and ingredients and find some bakers. But that bread is really really going to be good!

1 Like

Maybe, but small fish don’t move markets. The wicking action shows those sellers but it is not enough, “weight” at this point to push price down. We shall see.

1 Like

I am in it to win Katie, so I have taken my position. Either it works out or it doesn’t, so no amount of hyperbole or carping is going to change reality. The one place I can get data, even if I don’t know who is behind the action, is from a price chart. And that is going to show what people are doing, not what they are saying. Big money players move markets so we are going to find out from the chart if there is big money that moves in or if there isn’t. Many times the big money that moves markets are the smart money who are connected in ways we are not. As a small fish I want to draft in the wake of the big money fish.

3 Likes

I would agree that is the question. The market has low volume, the small fish have a large N. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Hey, do as you wish, I’m not the boss of anyone. This is a discussion group I thought. I am from another generation, where people said things, other people responded, and people didn’t get offended over every tiny disagreement of difference of perspective. Some habits are hard to break. Like Freedom of Speech and Expression.

1 Like

Katie, you don’t know who I am, I am not a young snowflake. You can say what you want and I am not offended, just bored with the one note you keep playing, and the lack of intellectual rigor. If you can bring some new information or novel views I am all ears. We know you don’t believe “there is a plan.” They have one, they have adjusted it, but there are aspects of it they are not going to share in this forum for many reason to include liability.

I have twenty years in the Air Force flying KC-135s and also as an intelligence officer. I have another 12 years as an intelligence officer on the Joint Staff. I now run my own business. I have flown 29 combat missions, and have traveled the world. I know something about risk, analysis, and hanging tuff when weak hands let go.

Bring something to the discussion that gets people to see things differently.

10 Likes

Glad I found this thread. I do think we have hit the bottom and as new updates are rolled out, consumer confidence will grow along with the value of the coin.

4 Likes

Welcome! I am sure many will be interested in your thoughts. We may be forming a bottom but we have yet to see a reversal of the trend. Bunnyhugger makes a good point that there are a number of miners who have accumulated small holdings that they are selling off as “free money” and those are those wicks at the tops of the candles. Those are getting cleared by the snowplow and I am just waiting to see if some bigger players want to get involved which will push the trend in the other direction. We are just now getting enough data from the market to get an idea of what investors are doing about XYO tokens.

2 Likes

We have some data from yesterday’s trading. There was buying on pretty good volume. There can’t be great liquidity in XYO tokens at this point and few traders, but this is telling us what the current pool of money is doing.

3 Likes

I was buying during that bar or the one before it. I was surprised how much I could move it on my own. Converted 1.5% of my portfolio to XYO in about 2 hours time as I had to wait for bots to offer up coin at the lower prices. There really isn’t a lot of XYO available. If someone were to say invest just 1 BTC, it would have a pretty drastic affect on the price of XYO. If we receive signs that XYO is turning bullish, I will continue to buy all the way up as I see this as the least appreciated project with the most potential in crypto.

In order to set myself up for a XYO bull run, I set up recurring buys for ETH on Coinbase. I chose ETH because out of the major coins (BTC, LTC, ETH, BCH) ETH appears to have potential to make big moves in a bull run while also providing stability as the likelyhood of ETH dropping in price is low.

2 Likes