Test your batteries

If you have a multi meter its simple to test your sentinal batteries. Just remove battery from sentinal.turn meter to 20 v, touch black to neg side of battery and red to positive. Your battery volts will show on screen. Anyone know what the lowest volts the sentinals will function properly at is? I would assume replace after it goes below 1.5 v?

2 Likes

Not an expert but in my experience you only get 1.5V from non rechargeables.
Rechargeable batteries :battery: are usually more like 1.3V

Some other posts have led me to believe the Sentinels chirp like a bird :bird: when the battery is getting low

1 Like

Batteries are marked 3v. All mine tested 2.8 and 2.9v

2 Likes

You’re correct @Lightningstruck, I forgot we were talking about button cells.
I wouldn’t worry about readings of 2.8V or 2.9V the sentinel should still work ok :ok_hand:
Also there is some evidence to suggest a lot of the sentinels are shipping with rechargeable button cells which I didn’t know were a thing but apparently they are.

If the cell has a suffix letter ‘H’ such as… CR3032H …some websites suggest it is actually a NiCAD rechargeable cell.

If any one can confirm this or correct me then please do.

1 Like

Yes.im sure mine are good to go,my question is at what volt should they be replaced?my guess is 1.5 but it is just a guess.
As far as recharging them i have no clue…

1 Like

@Lightningstruck @pinballdreamer Yeah I looked around for a charger for these batteries, nothing practical was found. It would be handy but may have to think about modding some other type of charger to do this, also not sure how well these batts will do with re-charging or if they even can do that. For some reason having that H designation means it should be able to be re-charged but It would be first time I am seeing this type of button battery with that capability.

ReconCatLord :telescope::cat2::crown: