xip: 3 title: XYO Cryptoeconomics 2.0 ("The Lime Paper") author: Aaron Malone, Arie Trouw, Bryce Paul, Erik Saberski, Nate Brune, Scott Scheper status: Draft category: Cryptoeconomics created: 2019-04-24
Note that an XIP number will be assigned by an XIP Admin. When titling your new XIP, please use the
title field for the post’s subject.
The title should be 54 characters or less.
We believe the implementation of the cryptoeconomics outlined in the “Lime Paper” will result in a clearer, healthier XYO Token ecosystem.
Currently, there is no clarity or plan around the distribution of the GAMMA Token Pool or the token economy of XYO. This paper contains a plan that will solve this.
Here is a link to the Lime Paper:
The brief summary is this:
- There is a total of 2,871,068,696.85 XYO in the Cryptoeconomic Reserve ( 2.8 Billion).
- The GAMMA Sale ended on November 30, 2018. The left-over amount of XYO is 4,340,144,773.44 in the GAMMA Token Pool.
- The FHR is comprised of those who purchased directly from the XYO Network core team from January 6, 2018 to November 30, 2018. See XIP-1.
- 340,144,773.44 XYO will be distributed to those on the FHR. The XYO will be staked in the XYO Network with an un-staking period of 5 years. At the end of the period, the XYO can be withdrawn by the FHR Wallet Address. The XYO will be distributed on a pro-rata basis, meaning the amount of XYO you receive is based on the amount of XYO you originally purchased.
- We recommend you hold all of your XYO in your FHR Wallet.
- The remaining 4,000,000,000 in XYO from the GAMMA Token Pool will be allocated to the Cryptoeconomic Reserve. We will begin deploying this via the XYO Cryptoeconomic Packages.
- Every XYO Sold in Cryptoeconomic Packages use Network Staking. This means every XYO sold through the Cryptoeconomic Reserve has a staking period of 12 months minimum.
- This is going forward – this 12 month staking period does not apply to any XYO from prior to today’s date.
- We will be selling XYO at a price 10% higher than the all-time-high price point of XYO sold during the GAMMA Platform Sale, which was $0.00942. Thus, for the XYO Cryptoeconomic Packages, the starting price of XYO will be $0.01 per XYO.
- We believe this to be a better value than what the market deems the price of XYO to be.
- We will be adjusting and plan to increase the price regularly based on the growth of the Data Flow Index (outlined in the Lime Paper).
- When we determine the Data Flow Index is mature, we plan to create an Ethereum smart contract, which tracks the Data Flow Index and tethers the price of XYO distributed through the Cryptoeconomic Reserve to the Data Flow Index.
REQUESTS FOR COMMENTS
Please post any comments or questions in this thread!