Sentinel batteries

how do you change the sentinel battery without ruining it

1 Like

screw driver and pry open gently

I find a 50 pence pice fits the hole exactly.

1 Like

A nickel works really well and might be an easier find.

Depends wherr you are… in the usa ya american coins are easier to get. here in the uk british coins are easier… something i will say about using rounded edge coins is it’s less serfice area comming into contact with the hole compaired with the stright edge of a 50 pence or even 20 pence coin.

1 Like

Has anyone investigated the difference between the CR3032H vs CR3032? I did not know if I have to replace with the 3032H or if plain 3032 will work without compromising any functionality. I have 8 that are dead.

2 Likes

I have replaced the CR3032H with the CR3032 and it works fine, not sure what the H stands for, they are the same size and same voltage.

3 Likes

This should help.

http://www.cr2032.co/suffixes-tech.html

2 Likes

Hum… so how much is a recharger? How many times would you need to recharge the battery for it to be more worthwhile than buying new? Only just woke up, my brain isnt working yet.

The H is one of the suffixes for the CR3032 Cell. L, M, and H suffix means it is rechargeable and has a Low, Medium or High discharge rate. Same size and Voltage.

1 Like

FYI, I found that a sentinel with a low battery makes a very quiet constant clicking noise. Change the batt, and it wakes right up!

2 Likes

Don’t use the XYO coin; it’s cheap metal with silver platting and not worth a quarter!