Phone battery drain

On long drives the COIN app drains my phone battery faster than the in car charger can replenish. Any one have this problem or is it just my kit.
Any suggestions gratefuly received.

No problem here maybe need a new/better car charger.

1 Like

Just using the cars built in USB PORT but will try a plug into cigar lighter
Thanks

Yeah, use a power inverter so you can plug your phone in. I always found that most location apps (like Google Maps) drain my device faster than the USB port can supply (expected since the USB can only supply a small amount of amps). I also carry a portable charger with me and keep the phone plugged in to it when on the move away from the car.

1 Like

Thanks Guys. Now have portable charger and replaced the charge cable that came with the Samsung phone with a better cable.
Even at home phone now charges TWICE as fast. Never dreamt a different cable would make a massive difference

1 Like

If you turn down the brightness on your screen it can make a big difference. Also shutting down any background programs or apps that you don’t need to have running will help.

2 Likes

Agree with @_ryan on the inverter. I use a nice DeWalt one. Then find a charger that gives a high output current capability. THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. For the most part, there are 1A ones and 2.1A ones. There are also some new fast charge versions that may or may not be compatible with you phone. That said if you try to charge your phone with a higher charge output and your phone is not compatible, it will likely still work but it, and any others, would be limited by the electronics in the phone. There is protection for limiting your phone’s charging rate built into the phone. If nothing else, use the 2.1A version and avoid the 1A version. The output is printed on the housing in tiny little print. If adding a link is allowed, here is a good article from How-To-Geeks about chargers: https://www.howtogeek.com/175734/htg-explains-can-you-use-any-charger-with-any-device/

1 Like