How to increase the value of XYO?

So, as we all know, the value of XYO coins is low and has been dropping. What will make it more valuable? Is it the belief that the development of the network will increase the value of XYO coins?

2 Likes

I think tangible progress to a working system is the only thing that would do it. Tying up or burning tokens can only give it a short goose.

4 Likes

What value do you think the COINS have currently? How do you see them gaining in value, or XYO being able to afford paying out for them on an ongoing basis while they serve no purpose other than as collectibles in a game? Users are creating their value right now with this ridiculous subscription scam. Take note that in all their exciting updates, on how they are going to improve “geomining”, which used to have a completely different meaning, all that it means now is getting people to pay them to play the silly COIN game. I can’t believe how people fall for complete hype. There is no value to the COINS except that which miners are willing to pay for, XYO is creating NOTHING to support the growth. Somehow , you’re going to have to figure out a way to extract some profit from all of this, but currently, all you’re doing is supporting the owners in the style to which they have decided to become accustomed. COIN subscribers will have to contribute all the costs of running XYO company, including the bloated salaries, and heaven only knows what perks they afford themselves in addition, but when they are finished paying themselves and spending your money as they please, that is when there will be some profit to create value to the COINS. Think about it for a bit. There is nothing for them to sell but hype and promises of future things, but those things aren’t even in the works right now, whatever they may possibly be some day in the not too distant or maybe the far off future, but keep “mining” and having fun (and sending money) because that’s so much fun. Everyone is so excited about it, it’s just the most fun thing ever!! Maybe they’ll even find more ways to charge you for having fun, and think of how much more fun you will have then!!

XYO will go where the money is, and right now it’s in COIN, so that’s where their focus will remain ‘cause people would rather pay for the privilege of mining worthless tokens than building a geospatial data network that would show real value in the future, thus real money. It became apparent when Arie Trouw tweeted out the survey results that asked miners what features they would like to see in the next version of COIN. The results read like board game from the 70s:

4 Likes

I think the most troubling thing next to the dropping value, is that no one from the company had gotten on this thread to dispute you…

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any official XYO presence here since joining.

2 Likes

They’re too busy implementing colored quadtiles in COIN and the ability to play Twister.

2 Likes

Lmao, it is curious that they utilize Twitter and at least somewhat reddit with a presence, instead of their own network based forum for the geohackers.

2 Likes

Maybe the forum staffers went in the purge

1 Like

It really is pathetic. They start to realize people’s gullibility level and then exploit it. Not one word about building that express highway to Mars or anything. Now people are playing the most expensive game on the internet. Those guys do have talent, just not the talent we invested in them having.

I sent them a tech support email 5 days ago. They just sent me an auto response to let me know they got it, but they are super busy, so they will be getting back to me sometime in the future. They would have saved themselves and all of us so much confusion and hassle of they just paid some entry level person to create and maintain a tech support page that stayed updated and kept everyone informed. They’ve probably wasted 100 times what it would have cost them to do that, and aggravated and angered how many people in the process? But there are still those who believe that these hucksters are talented tech developers. What they are are talented money raisers. This is a very good scam for them, I’m wondering if it will hold up to the inevitable lawsuits and ethics complaints.

2 Likes

Scott actually addressed the issue about the satellite launch in the Medium article he posted after the layoff:

“I was hoping to launch in the launch window of Q4 2019 or Q1 of 2020. Unfortunately, I have some bad news to some: it most likely will not be in Q4 2019 or Q1 2020. I do not know specifically when it will be, but I’m going to do something I rarely do — I’m going to hold off on asserting any new dates until I am very confident on when it will be.”

Personally, I would’ve been very surprised if they had stuck to the original date of December 2019.

3 Likes

You have a stronger stomach than I do, to read through or listen to anything that bozo has to say. I had an instant visceral dislike for that guy, and man, were my instincts on the money. I can’t take credit for being a psychic or anything though, because he acts like a bozo besides looking like one. He will never market anything to anyone but low level hype and trash, cause that’s just the kinda marketing dude he is! 100% tactics and strategies and a bunch of hype and lies. Ron Popeil, the master of middle of the night marketing had more class.

1 Like

.0009 and dropping (as of this writing). Oh, and the subscription price for COIN Pro and COIN Plus just increased another $10 per month each. Hilarious!

2 Likes

Correction: COIN Plus increased another $12 per month to $24.95 - the former price for COIN Pro. The shit show just gets better.

1 Like

That is how they keep the COIN holding a tiny bit of value I guess. It was dropping further, then they raised prices and the COIN value went up by a billionth of a cent. I can’t believe that people are still excited about collecting these valueless COINs. For me the best part of the game is watching the shit show.

2 Likes

In the survey, I picked whatever COIN improvement made some sense in any way - I’m indifferent. In the Comments part, though, I said I’d like to hear about the partnerships with Azure, FedEx, that San Diego scooter place - SOMETHING. NatGeo, uhhh, wasn’t there an Amazon thing getting kicked around?

2 Likes

As of right now the easiest way for them to increase the value of XYO is to add a multiplier into the COIN app that rewards end users for HODLing their tokens.

True, although it would be a temporary solution.

Check out Bitcoin HD. They prop up the value of the coin with a rent and lease system. Existing token holders lease to new users and share the rewards that are earned as a by product of the increased balance. There is never a need to cash out.

1 Like