Can family members carry my setinels and get 12x more or do I need to get them their own kits?

Everything Geo Mining lives here! Talk mining rigs, specs, Sentinel components, Bridges, Archivists and Diviners.

2 Likes

Anyone you let have or have a sentinal near them, will earn 12x. People walking behing you can mine off of you at 12x. Just need 1 sentinal detected.

3 Likes

Thanks man!

3 Likes

What is the purpose in owning more sentinels? If I buy more should I distribute them to friends. It doesn’t look like they become associated with an account that make them help me in any way. If I do hand them out, do I have to collect them back every so often so they connect with my bridge?

2 Likes

Good question jackoat, one I’d like answered too.

I have 1 sentinel right now but also have 8 more in the post from USA. When they arrive maybe I will be able to answer that… will let you know.

1 Like

Thanks pinballdreamer.

1 Like

You should collect them at the end of the week each week and upload all information to your bridge then pass them back out but they are still updating the software for IOS and android and they are updating sentinel software so don’t do it just yet Unless you have already received your updated SD card Then you can have all of them out but before you do that register them all to your bridge then hand them out to whoever you’re going to hand them out to and collect them at the end of the week or even 2 weeks don’t go past 2 weeks because the sentinels can only hold so much information so I would say 9 days to be safe then collect them then upload them to your bridge then give them out again and repeat I hope this was helpful

2 Likes

OK, can anyone explain what exactly these given-out sentinels are collecting? Currently the bound-connection feature is supposedly not yet in operation.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Are the bound witnesses that show on the XYO Network App the same as the coins? Also, how do you upload information from sentinels to the bridge, or from the COIN app?

2 Likes

Hi @Katie. Larry with XYO here.

Few answers for you: No. bound witnesses are simply interactions—tokens only earned if they’re on the live Ethereum Mainnnet and the bound witness data is used to answer an actual query; and the coins on the COIN app are XYO tokens.

And…After initial setup, by bringing the sentinels within Bluetooth range of a bridge, the sentinels should connect automatically and transfer the bound witness data to the Bridge, and from there onto the network. Also on that point, the COIN app will not upload any data, but the XYO Network app can, and acts as a mobile bridge.

Hope this is helpful.

4 Likes

They’re collecting information location information and coming cross with others out there and exchanging information and creating bound witnesses and nodes

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Larry.

Does the Bridge collect the same data that is represented in COINS on that app, or the COIN app is the only way to collect and track our “coins”? If that question isn’t clear enough for a simple answer, please just tell me that and I’ll try to clarify it. I do not want or need another explanation of how the XYO network works and the technology behind it. I just want to know if the Bridge app collects and tracks the data that equates to XYO coins that I own.

1 Like

Hi Katie, Bridges don’t collect Coins, it only collects Bound Witnesses.

2 Likes

@Smalheiser @lancealvarez75Xyo @rabkan @jackoat @pinballdreamer

Crypto Wallets 101 is now a new Thread, take a look if you would like:

This was done at request, lots of people where asking about some basic wallet info so hope this helps, please send me any corrections if I made a mistake, or specific questions you may have. This will be an evolving thread and will continue to go from basic to more advanced as time goes. Any suggestions or revisions are totally welcome! Hope it helps those who were asking, thanks again!

ReconCatLord

3 Likes

Has anyone lost all their coins when trying to transfer to a wallet? That’s all I want to know right now.

2 Likes

@Katie DM me if you have an issue with this, want to make sure you didn’t lose your coins.

1 Like

No, I didn’t lose my coins, but before I try to transfer them I want to know the risk factor. TIA.

1 Like

Is there any way to get an answer to my question? I was hoping for a "yes’ or “no” answer. I find that if I ask more complicated questions I get long answers that don’t provide the requested information.

1 Like

@Katie Well Yes people have lost coins before for not transferring them to the proper wallets that can take XYO/ERC20 coins, or by messing up the wallet address. What wallet were you going to use? If you have a wallet in mind that takes ERC20 coins/ETH based, and you have secured correct address for it, then you should have no issues, and not have to worry about losing your coins. Let me know if I can help you with it.

1 Like

I have invested over $600 in XYO technology. It’s been one nightmare after another, trying to figure things out and get answers. XYO is all over the place bragging about how wonderful they are. I have asked and asked why they don’t have a tech support page where people can go to get answers, instead of being told to watch endless repetitive videos which may or may not contain the required information, and to join social media groups where all the nice XYO people are more than happy to answer questions. So, I asked a question on facebook, and was given a cryptic answer that no one understands. When I asked for clarification I got nothing. On another facebook group, I was given the same lecture about needing to access “multiple sources” to get answers, and I was told that I could message XYO and get answers. So I messaged XYO, and my answer was that I am blocked from messaging them and blocked from posting on their groups. All because I have requested what every other tech company in the universe does, provide clear instructions and timely support. I have wasted months on this project, and I want my money back.

I think since I have been blocked from communicating with XYO, that they should refund my money. What do you think?