Building a positive environment for XYO community

I wanted to ask a favor of the XYO community. Let’s create a community that is positive and encouraging. The internet is filled with hate and belittling. Let’s set an example and be something different.

Please show compassion and empathy for others while posting anywhere in the XYO community. Be supportive. There are no stupid questions. Seek to understand before jumping to conclusions about people.

12 Likes

@theacemada I second your proposal and may I add that we leave imature and inapropriate language and content where it belongs, in the school playground, not here.

3 Likes

Even in a work environment, you gotta give your co-workers some shit from time to time. :grin:

1 Like

@theacemada 100% I also support your proposal! As it seems there are a small group of us who come here daily to help others, post our findings and experience, and support XYO’s vision. I was hoping @scott or @Gintonic or @pizzamind sees this, it would be nice to make a couple of us moderators with some Admin/Leader style permissions. Also I was hoping to put together a solid team of techs who don’t work for XYO, but use what we know to help others out. Maybe get all of us together on Discord, or some Telegram channel. I know there are a lot of Telegrams for XYO and Crypto, but they are filled with lots of people who don’t have dedication, knowledge or passion as the few of us who come here everyday. What do you think?

ReconCatLord :telescope::cat2::crown:

3 Likes

I’m down with that…but don’t plan on using telegram any time soon@ReconCatLord

1 Like

Well said. Hope we can all be positive and helpful. Please see my post Helping XYO and Charities to both expand and improve

3 Likes

I agree; telegram sucks

@Lotusway @Geobow @KaptKos @theacemada @pinballdreamer

I recommend Discord for group chats, text, voice, media, etc. Its an awesome app/desktop app. Its on all platforms, and is easy to use, lots of options and its free and encrypted. I noticed most people don’t like Telegram, is their a reason why? I never had an issue with it, kinda clunky, but nothing really negative.

Sense you asked…I new too crypto as of '19…and my frist experience with air-drops and telegram. I was bombarded by…PM…and did everything you shouldn’t do. And after clearling things up and logging back in…Nothing but spam@ReconCatLord

2 Likes

@Lotusway Yeah there was a lot of jerks on Telegram, scamming and lying to people. It was pretty crappy! Every crypto room is full of them!

These are all great ideas. I’m definetly into the idea of contributing to the knowledge base here to help everyone understand better.

1 Like

Ask and you shall receive. Archangio has created a Community Developer Discord that is fantastic. Please join there for all things tech-related to XYO…

3 Likes

@pizzamind Your the best Pizza!! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Absolutely love and support is the answer

2 Likes

Keep in mind . . . . . . . deficated remains must be good enough for “fertilizer”.

Lo siento compadre!

I just got an email today from Medium with an XYO topic that was a week old. It was about seminars that members of XY were attending after the fact. If I knew there was one nearby and don’t get notfied of the event before it happens;. I’ll be PISSED OFF!!!

@KaptKos Are you talking about the archivist build seminars or the dataist ones?

The Austin Texas one this weekend. If I knew about it happening this weekend a week ago, I would have road tripped and visited my Jarhead friend.

It pisses me off that I get the email notification of an article written 10 days ago on the day that the event starts! :sob:

XYO wants to build a better environment; then they need to start with a solid foundation!!!

If Medium is emailing you, that’s not us. That’s Medium sending you what sounds to be a weekly summary of topics from blogs you follow, perhaps? I’m not sure, I don’t subscribe to that service.

Follow our Twitter, that has announcements you won’t miss for sure.

1 Like