Building a Bridge?

How would a person build a bridge using a raspberry pi?

2 Likes
Origin Chain length

Well I guess the first question to ask is which os would be the best? A buddy shared this with me, but now I wonder will sdk run on raspbian?

Bear with me, I am not a programmer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks to me like there is some build.gradle support for rpi in various forums I’m working on it myself I will let you know if I pull it off.

1 Like

Plug and play with android

1 Like

Hi Darnoc, Your question here is the closest I have found to my way of thinking. I too have attempted to follow the GitHub on both my RPis , my WAMP system on W7 and my UBUNTU powerhouse on the web and have got absolutely nowhere. I am sitting here with 9 computers in my study ( 4 x RPi - most of the range ) and thus I believe that XYO have to follow a Linux/UNIX build. How come no-one is answering your request??
To day I see an advert for XYO Geomining Kit which includes 1 x XYO Geomining Kit. If this thing works I have to assume that it would run on code similar to the above so why do you not get a reply. I must say that having spent LOTs of my (very limited pension) money on XYO so far I am becoming increasingly worried.
Have you had ANY replies to this?

4 Likes

Ive already reverse engineered the mining kit bridge and ran the sdk archivist. Its ok we are in this together I will have some more info on dev and will be available to anserw questions. I dont work for xyo Im an opportunist You have enough hardware to get a network set up I will have a tutrial soon. I just got my kit Im ready to develop now.

8 Likes

Hey Blockchain, I have a Raspberry PI 3 B+ Is it possible to install the bridge software from Github and buying sentinels instead of buying a full kit?

I also saw your other post regarding archivist build, is this done using a PI?

Any info would be great

Cheers Keagan

1 Like

I am also very interested in this question. I have a couple Pis, a few pcs, and a couple corporate server grade hardware available. How ever I am a net admin at work so some there is a knowledge gap. Looking for more information on the bridge, archivist and diviner.

THX

1 Like

Nothing to worry, XYO has taking over…

1 Like

What model of Raspberry Pi is required to run the XYO software?

I’m spooling up to a project that I’m interested in…and thats building as many permanent location bridges that DO NOT need batteries in order to run. But I must first determine which Raspberry Pi can run the software…

Anyone have the info I’m looking for?

Thx

Jeff

1 Like

The one that came with my kit is a pi 3 B+, which makes sense due to built in wifi and bluetooth.

I made an image of the SD card, but writing a new card and sticking it in a different raspberry pi 3B+ would not boot up. Stick the new card in the original pi that came with the kit and it boots just fine. I’m guessing its looking at the mac address of the pi, and probably this is tied to the public key of the bridge.

Hopefully they release an install script at some point that will set up the bridge software on a new pi.

2 Likes

It has to be android thing compatible

1 Like

Only one rpi board is compatible with android things. An older rpi 3 and a few boards mx something ive never heard of. Use android studio to clone the software locally.

3 Likes

Has anyone figured it out yet ? How to install the bridge on your own Pi ?

1 Like

I may save you guys some time, or may be throwing a wrench however I could not get the PI to boot on 3 B+ so I bought a 3B and it boots up just fine. So if you are trying to build your own, burn the SD and boot up on a 3B.

MidniteMadness

3 Likes

thank you MidniteMadness.

You are right. I got a PI 3 modelB {no +}, I wrote an image I had read off my original bridge SD card to a new card, and put it in the new Pi 3 B and it boots just fine. They both have the same public key. I am now running both bridges, I am not sure what the effect of them both having the same public key will be. Both bridges are creating bound witness independent of each other.

2 Likes

The 3.5 inch HDMI screen works well for the Pi bridge.
With the wireless mini keypad its a complete compact unit.

Unfortunately the new Pi 3 B with the copied sd card also stops seeing nearby sentinels after about an hour, so I am more sure than ever its an XYO software issue and not a hardware problem.

4 Likes

Many of us are following along. Thanks for
Posting your progress.

Could someone post a link to the image file for the SD card on a B3? Or email it to jay.lee.ward@yandex.com

thanks!

I am not aware of any image file currently being made available by XY to set up a pi bridge. The image on the SD card that comes with a pi bridge already has the public address assigned, and presumably the private key would be assigned when mining goes live and the bridge is also a wallet.
I would not recommend anyone send an image of their SD card to someone, as your sending a clone of your bridge.
At some point I could see XY releasing a script that would install bridge software and create the addresses on install. But then again they are selling a bridge for alot more than the $35 a Pi3b costs, so maybe they wont.