Hey Fellow Geohackers,
So looking for some feedback from everyone; I been messing around with Matrix, Web App, Network App, and other XYO greatness. First of all, I hope everyone is calm, the new XYO Network app is still in very much an Alpha/Beta phase. I’m sure we will get tons of messages on here of some users getting excited cause its not working for full potential yet. I just see it as great time to get familiar with the tech background of it, look around the Dev area, and mess with every nook and cranny in the Apps and Matrix. In this post I am going to mainly focus on the new Network App. So as you can see, you can’t add your bridge yet…and sentinels should be coming soon, but you can still start adding to your Cryptographic Bound Witness Chain right now. What you need is to download the new Network App on two separate Android devices, get your Sentinels back into Bound Witness mode, and then let them interact with the world around you.
1. Download the New XYO Network App from the Google Play store or install the .apk on both of your Android devices (ie. phone, tablet, Chromebook, unlocked Fire devices, etc). If you have trouble finding it, then just search for the COIN app, when that comes up in the search results, click on that. It will open up the description and from there, you can directly click on the Developer’s name, which is right underneath the title of COIN App at the top. It should be in blueish color and say “XY-The Persistent Company”. If you click that, it will show you all the Apps that are created by XY, and this can be done for all developers of all the apps in the Play Store(its a cool way to find lots of unreleased or beta versions of apps since they wont come up in normal searches).
2. Sign in to the new XYO Network App with your normal XYO account information(username/password) that you use on the COIN app and in the first XYO Network app, on both devices.
3. Those who were using COIN app with your Sentinels, this put your Sentinel in a “always On” mode, so that you could easily connect with your phone/tablet and GeoMine to grab up those awesome XYO tokens. However, when your Sentinels interact with your XYO Network App, they will go back into “turn off in 4 minutes” mode. Just double press the Sentinels button while your new XYO Network app is running on your phone to get it into this mode. Give your Sentinels a couple minutes to recognize the new app, and don’t be afraid to push the Sentinel buttons lots of times, you can’t harm them. Don’t worry, you can always switch right back to the “always ON” mode by just going back into your COIN app and clicking the button on your Sentinels when the COIN app is running (make sure to turn off/close the XYO Network App).
4. Now you should have both your Android devices running the new XYO Network App, be signed in to both with the same credentials and have your Sentinels in the vicinity.
5. If you have done this correctly, you should see your Cryptographic Bound Witness number at the top of the app start to increase in number. This is the same thing as the “Origin Chain Length” on the previous XYO Network App.
6. If your not seeing it jump up in number or refresh, just touch the Dashboard button on the bottom left corner in the XYO Network App (the one with the little house for a symbol). This should refresh your screen and you should see that number rise on both devices. The more signals/devices your Sentinels interact with, the quicker you will see this number rise.
Hopefully it looks something like this! I’m going to continue to mess around now in Matrix and then I will update this Post or make a new one on those elements, as well as the Web App which is very similar to the Android App.
P.S. If your using a newer browser after you go to the app.xyo.network site, if you click over to your options in your browser (the three little dots on the upper right in Chrome), you will see one of the options is the ability to Install a web app version right from there. Just look down the list and you should see a “Install XYO App” in your drop down. You can click that and add it to your desktop, or on a mobile device it will add a new cool looking purple XYO Icon, that when clicked bring you directly to the XYO Web App…Only now its in this badass looking purple overlay.
Send your feedback, questions and comments!